I have been wanting to build a workbench for a while now. We do have a smaller one that is around 2' x 5' that is mounted up against the wall between our toolboxes. I wanted one though that was a little larger and was in the bay without the garage door and up against the pole that the air line runs down. Now that the air compressor is finished other then tracing down an air leak or two, I spent the day yesterday building a new workbench. I will take some pics after the last coats of poly are finished drying. We had some 4" x 4" pressure treated that the previous homeowner left here. I used those for the legs. I went to Lowes and got one piece of regular 3/4" hardwood plywood and I also got one piece of 3/4" oak hardwood plywood for the top. I got some 2" x 4" for around the perimeter at the top and bottom. I also got 1" x 4" oak trim pieces to go around the plywood top. The workbench is 3' x 6'. I cut both of the pieces of plywood to size and the plan was to have three layers of plywood for the top which was accomplished with the cutoff pieces for the middle layer. Once the three layers were in place I then put the oak trim around the perimeter. I am just using a clear gloss urethane to seal the wood and keep oil and grease from getting in to it and to be easily cleanable.